When you receive a wedding invitation in the mail that announces you’ve been invited to a Lord of the Rings wedding, the only option is to wear something awesome and Middle Earth-like.
I opted to wear a red kaftan I found on Etsy vintage a while back. I wore a vintage slip under it, and pinned a necklace in my hair.
[Embroidered kaftan: Etsy seller Urban Recycle / Slip: thrifted / Shoes: thrifted / Leaf necklace: Thrifted / Necklace worn in hair: Forever21]
While I tried my best at being royalty, the husband did his best hobbit impression, but in a Utilikilt. And a battle axe.
The wedding was held at a beautiful location and the weather was perfect. The ceremony was a mixture of Christian and Jewish traditions, but mainly, it was just pretty.
Additionally, you know you’re at a geek wedding when:
- There are dwarves, jedi, hobbits, elves, and Darth Vaders roaming around.
- The bride and groom’s first dance is to Weird Al Yankovic’s White and Nerdy.
- Everyone knows the words to Come What May from Moulin Rouge and sings along while slow dancing.
- There is robot dancing and Irish jigs.
- The exit song is the Imperial March from Star Wars.
It was honestly the most fun I’ve had at a wedding since, well, my own, which I should probably blog about one day.
Congratulations, Wayne and Christy! Thank you for making weddings fun and geeky for all.